Sunday, September 15, 2013

Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten

Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten

Read: 9/11/13 to 9/14/13

5/5 Stars

 

 

 

 

I really liked this book. It felt real, and kept me on the edge of my seat at so many times.
Max Parkman is an autistic boy a high functioning autistic boy. After a downward spiral Danielle, Max's mother brings him to the best mental facility in the country to try and sold the issue for his outburst and suicidal tendencies.
While at the hospital some things start not going so smoothly. Danielle steps in to sold what's going on. The hospital refuses to release information on how they are treating Max. After some investigation she decides to take Max out of the facility. They wont allow it. Shortly afterwards a murder occurs with another client at the facility, Max is left to blame, convinced her son is innocent she goes on a search jumping through hoops of all sorts to prove his innocence.
 I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say the ending left me shocked. I did start to guess something along the lines of who committed the murder,but like how it ended. I don't think this will spoil anything, but I can't wait for a sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment