Thursday, May 2, 2013

The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon

 The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon
Read in May of 2013
4/5 Stars




Reggie is just thirteen years old and her mother is found victim to a series of killings where the right hand is left on the steps of the police station and then places the corpses on display in town. Reggie is devastated. Years later she gets a call saying her mother was found alive at a homeless shelter. Reggie goes to investigate and on a spree to find the killer and the person responsible for keeping her mother captive for so long.

I've read a few other of Jennifer's books and like the others I sped through this one. It jumps back between when Reggie was younger and present day. But it is a very easy read. Some parts read slower than others, but then some parts were so nail biting i couldn't put the book down. ( sometimes i had too though, cus I would sneak in reading time at work. Shhhh...)

I found myself trying to guess who I thought the killer was, and even I was wrong. It had a bittersweet ending.
If you like mystery and suspense and twists, i suggest you read this book.

my goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4379319-alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment