Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Read: May 25th - May 27th
Rated : 5/5 Stars

I love John Green's books. The first one I read was "Looking for Alaska" I loved it! I got the change to give it away at World Book Night. Which was awesome. It did take me a while to get to this book a little over a year after it's publication. But I finally got around to reading it. I couldn't put it down. Although I had to at times due to work.I loved the relationship between Hazel and Gus. It was beautiful. Also I kind of related the the book a little. Not with having cancer myself, but a family member who did. (they're still alive) by the way. 
This beautiful story follows Hazel and Augustus who meet at a cancer support group. They start forming a bond. Hazel feels weighed down by her parents, and Gus is so outgoing. Despite this they fall deeply in love. Having fun playing video games, sharing laughs, and books.Gus teaches Hazel to live life to the fullest and stop being carried under her parents wing, and waiting to die. Gus does something amazing for Hazel by taking her to Amsterdam as his wish to meet her favorite writer. ( I don't want to spoil anymore..it's too good of a book to spoil.) 
Just read the book you wont regret it. This book is so true to what people go through. ( no always the love and travel.) but the struggle and the waiting.
Just give it a try you wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment