Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Close (A Maeve Kerrigan Mystery) by Jane Casey (Review)

 



Thank you to the publisher for a copy to read and review. 

This was my first book with Maeve Kerrigan as the protagonist. I have other books with her as lead detective on my TBR to read I just haven't read them yet. With that said I decided to start the journey.


I did enjoy this book? Yes. 


Did I love it? No. 


 I do wonder if it's because not knowing more about Maeve that made me not like it a whole lot...and I should of started with book 1? 

I did enjoy her character's relationship with her coworker. I think they worked really well as a team. I will look forward to reading Casey's other books starring her in hopes to learn more about her character. 


This one just didn't fully hit the mark for me. I found myself putting it down a few times. To me it felt it moved slow. Or at least slower than I'm uses to.


Again, thank you to the publisher for a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment