Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Doll Bones by Holly Black (review)

Doll Bones by Holly Black
4/5 Stars
Read: Jan 10th 2015



Dolls. Innocent toys right? Wrong. Dolls are creepy to begin with. Take a look at Annabelle or Robert the Doll. I'll let you do the googling on them yourself. Sure we played with them as kids and so do the kids in this story,but not all dolls are so innocent. Like the two examples I gave above. The three kids in this story Zach,Poppy and Alice are friends. Zach's dad wants him to grow up more and stop playing with dolls (action figures) but when a story comes up about an old doll they call "the queen" about a girl haunting the doll,they decide they need to put her soul to rest.
This is an amazing adventure story that will have you at the edge of your seat. I was turning page after page wondering what would happen on their journey. I kept looking back at the cover,and the drawing of the doll just staring at me. It was haunting. Not saying it would of been creepy if she blinked...cause uh yea that would be creepy too. But anyways, READ THIS BOOK. It wont take long it's another one I found as a middle-grade novel,but it's worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment